The Huffington Post's DC bureau is seeking a fellow to work closely with the team dedicated to running the Politics vertical and social media accounts. Applicants should be hungry self-starters eager to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, fun environment. We are looking for a political junkie with strong web skills to work closely with our team. This is a great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Writing headlines, packaging stories and video content
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- Working in a fast-paced environment with the team responsible for running the Politics page and social media operation
- Pitch and produce shareable content for a social media audience
Requirements For Success:
- Insatiable appetite for political news and the desire to make things go crazy on the web
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficient with social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from the feedback
This fellowship is located in our Washington, DC office, located two blocks from the White House. Our fellowship usually lasts four to six months and is a paid program that we use to identify potential full-time hires — in other words, fellows are considered to be in training from the moment they begin. Our program ensures that you learn everything there is to know about how the Huffington Post does web publishing, and that you discover whether we're the sort of place you want to launch your career.
About The Huffington Post: The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.