About The Huffington Post: The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
The Huffington Post is seeking editorial fellows to join its New York office. Do you love the internet? Are you the person who has the viral video before everyone else? Do you obsessively check Facebook and Twitter? Then you might be a perfect fit for the Huffington Post.
Applicants should be hungry self-starters eager to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, fun environment. We are looking for go-getter news and internet junkies with strong web skills to work closely with various editorial teams. This is a great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The
Huffington Post works.
- Writing headlines, packaging stories, and video content
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- Pitch and produce shareable content for a social media audience
- Aid in managing Facebook and Twitter accounts
Requirements for success:
- Insatiable appetite for news and the desire to make things go crazy on the web
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficiency with social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from feedback
- A passion for the Huffington Post and its editorial mission
This fellowship is located in our New York office, located in Greenwich Village. Our fellowship usually lasts four to six months and is a paid program that we use to identify potential full-time hires — in other words, fellows are considered to be in training from the moment they begin. Our program ensures that fellows learn everything
there is to know about how the Huffington Post approaches web publishing. Fellows have the chance discover whether HuffPost is the sort of place you want to launch your career.
Benefits & Perks:
15-30 Hours Per Week