CRWN Magazine exists to create a progressive dialogue around what it really means to “go natural” in America. Through beautiful content, thoughtful commentary, hair inspiration and resources; we’re telling the world the truth about black women by showcasing a new standard of beauty — and documenting our story in tangible, print form.
Our brand pillars are knowledge of self, sisterhood, self-love and authenticity.
As seen in: Essence Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine & Ms. Magazine
CRWN Magazine is looking for an Editorial Intern who is passionate about women's empowerment, diversity/inclusion and expression through the written word.
Intern will work directly with CRWN's Editor-In-Chief and will be exposed to the inner workings of a brand new print publication. This role is very hands-on. Candidates must be able to work at least 6 hours per week from our Manhattan office (in Chelsea), but the remainder of the internship can be performed remotely.
• Assisting in managing print mag's editorial calendar (Trello)
• Posting daily on blog
• Crafting social media copy
• Building social media presence and brainstorming growth strategies
• Conducting interviews
• Attending and covering events, as needed
• Assisting EIC in assigning and following up on articles
• Preparing email newsletters (MailChimp)
• Misc. admin/other duties as assigned by co-founders
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Extreme attention to detail
• High level of organization (Google Docs, Google Calendars, etc.)
• Strong understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube)
• Problem-solving & critical thinking
• Prior editorial/blog experience
• Flexibility and coachability
Work for a bi-coastal company (LA & NYC) with two well-connected co-founders who value mentorship. Although employment is not guaranteed, paid opportunities may become available and there is opportunity to grow with the company.
Fun events, free swag!