People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 3 million members and supporters.
PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds, and other “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.
PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
PETA is the world's largest animal rights organization, and we are taking a cutting-edge display to select cities to educate students about cruelty to animals used in circuses. Your job will be to work alongside two other teammates to spread the message of animal rights.
What to Expect
PETA is seeking outgoing, energetic crew members to travel to select cities as a part of an education and outreach tour crew. As part of this team, you will represent PETA and deliver a compelling message against cruelty to animals to elementary and high school students that will inspire them to relate to animals used in entertainment. Along the way, you'll distribute literature and help operate a cutting-edge exhibit on animal rights. Crew members receive a $320 weekly stipend.
• Knowledgeable about animal rights
• Outgoing and comfortable approaching strangers
• Ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Prepared and able to commit to traveling extensively (we'll be on the road almost the whole time, so previous travel experience is mandatory)
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Adherence to a healthy vegan diet
• Able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
• At least 21 years of age
• A careful driver with a clean driving record of at least three years and no major violations in the last five years
• Supportive of PETA's philosophy and the ability to advocate PETA's positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Benefits & Perks:
Full-time, temporary (July 15, 2015, to December 7, 2015)
Crew members receive a $320 weekly stipend.