EJ Media Group is a New York City based public relations firm specializing in hospitality, entertainment & lifestyle brands, personalities, and corporate communications.
EJ Media Group, a leading entertainment & lifestyle public relations firm is seeking an undergraduate student majoring in public relations, communications, marketing, or related fields for an internship position during the Spring semester (January – April 2016). The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proactive and able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including administrative duties.
- Tracking press coverage and compiling clippings
- Researching and compiling targeted media lists
- Drafting press materials (pitch letters, media alerts and press releases)
- Assisting with monthly client reports
- Pitching client stories to the media and participating in creative brainstorms
- Accompanying agency staff at special events and assisting with media check-in
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate preferred (Public Relations or Communications a plus)
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and a hard worker
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize time
- Experience with basic administrative support (answering phones, handling deliveries, etc.)
- Previous PR internship experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Cision or other media monitoring service preferred
This is an unpaid internship with college/university credit and a travel stipend will be provided. We are looking for candidates to work 3 - 4 days a week.