The individual will participate in a wide variety of activities and learning opportunities that support the Public Relations Department, including but not limited to:
• Working with both Global and US Public Relations teams on a diverse range of projects.
• Assisting in preparations for PR events and initiatives such as product launches and editor desksides.
• Collaborating with a PR Agency as well as our in-house teams.
• Updating, monitoring, and generating content for social media outlets.
• Conducting industry, trend, and social media research.
• Maintaining daily department needs: files, publication subscriptions, press lists, etc.
• Updating multiple spreadsheets related to media list updates, media tracking, and product requests.
• Maintaining product and supplies closet and process all inventory orders.
• Must be a currently enrolled college student eligible for college credit.
• Juniors and Seniors preferred.
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Social Media are required.
• Public Relations, Communications and English majors preferred, but not required.
• Students with prior internship experience strongly preferred.
This internship requires a minimum of a 20+ hour a week commitment and you must be able to receive school credit.