The Emma Bowen Foundation recruits promising students of color and places them in paid summer internships at some of the nation's leading media and technology companies, provides the media and tech industries with a pipeline of young talent and emerging leadership, and advocates for best practices in diverse hiring, retention, and advancement.
Opportunities are at our more than 75 partner companies, such as Bloomberg, CBS, Comcast, Edelman, NBCUniversal, Nielsen, Spectrum, Turner, Warner Brothers, and Weber Shandwick. To view all of our partners, visit Emma Bowen Foundation Partners.
Applicants to our program are interested in careers in the:
- Business of Media (finance, sales, human resources, marketing, public relations etc.)
- Innovation of Media (computer science, engineering, data science, information technology, software development, etc.)
- Content of Media (broadcast and online journalism, production, social media, digital media, etc.).
Selected students will have access to:
- A paid summer internship
- On-the-job training from top professionals and industry executives
- An all-expenses paid Emma Bowen Foundation Summer Conference in New York City
- Need-based scholarships
- A community of diverse media and tech peers and professionals
- Lifelong professional networks
Our interns are placed in cities where they spend their college summers. Many of our interns are converted to full time hires after college graduation.
“I was able to meet other like-minded fellows who will be my future colleagues in the industry as well as network with some great media professionals and alumni.”
– Victor O., 2018 EBF Fellow at Fox Television Stations – Fox 32 Chicago
While the majority of our Fellows are placed in major markets like New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami, and the San Francisco Bay Area, we have openings in cities nationwide. Other cities have included, but are not limited to: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Columbia (MD), Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, Jacksonville (FL), Knoxville, Louisville (KY), Orlando, Philadelphia, Sacramento, San Diego, Seattle, St. Petersburg (FL), Tampa, and Washington, D.C.
Please visit our website at www.emmabowenfoundation.com/application_info for additional information about the program and application requirements.