Event Planning Company looking to fill an entry-level position with an outgoing employee who would work well in a fast-paced atmosphere. Candidate must be able to take initiative, work long hours and have a positive attitude. This position is ideal for recent graduates looking to get their foot in the door of the events and marketing industry.
We are a Manhattan based full-service, marketing & event planning company and we are looking to expand our already dynamic team. In this position, you will get amazing hands-on experience producing events for prestigious clients, creating outreach campaigns and engaging in vigorous Client Development. This is a unique opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the industry.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
- Work with the events and marketing team to plan, market, and organize special events.
- Recruit new clients through outreach by phone and email (Heavy phone calls)
- Develop and execute creative marketing and promotional campaigns
- Correspond and follow up with clients
- Attend regular events
- Assist with booking Parties and Table Reservations
- Organize parties and reservations
- Data research and input
- Other miscellaneous office work/ duties
- Major in the following relevant fields: Marketing, Event Planning, Hospitality, Communications or Public Relations.
- 1-2 years of experience in event planning and/or marketing
- Ability to work some weekend and evening hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a timely fashion
- Enthusiasm to learn and be a team player
- Must be a true go-getter and self-starter
- Must LOVE to go out and socialize
- Personable with great verbal communication skills
- Love talking to people and making new contacts
- Large social network is a plus
- Proficient with e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and social media outlets
Required - Excel, Telephone Skills, Microsoft
Preferred - Communication, Event Marketing, Promotional, Salesforce, Optimizely, Photo Shop
We are looking to fill this position immediately.