Events and Marketing company looking for outgoing fall interns who would work well in a fast-paced, multi-faceted organization. Intern must demonstrate maturity, take initiative and have a positive attitude. This position is ideal for current students seeking college credit or recent graduates looking to get their foot in the door of the events and marketing industry.
We are a Manhattan based full-service, marketing & event planning company and we are looking to expand our already dynamic team. In this position, you will get amazing hands-on experience in marketing and event planning and develop vital Communication and Event Planning skills.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work with the events and marketing team to plan, market, and organize special events.
- Recruit new clients through outreach by phone and email (Heavy phone calls)
- Develop and execute creative marketing and promotional campaigns
- Correspond and follow up with clients
- Attend weekly events
- Assist with Booking Parties and Table Reservations
- Organizing parties and reservations
- Data research and input
- Other miscellaneous office work/ duties
- Major in the following relevant fields: Marketing, Hospitality, Communications or Public Relations.
- Experience in event planning and/or marketing
- Ability to work some weekend and evening hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a timely fashion
- Enthusiasm to learn and be a team player
- Must be a true go-getter and self starter
- Must LOVE to go out and socialize
- Personable with great verbal communication skills
- Love talking to people and making new contacts
- Large social network is a plus
- Proficient with e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and social media outlets
- Eager to learn the ins and outs of the events and marketing field
Interns will gain valuable hands on experience producing events and creating marketing campaigns. This is a unique opportunity to get first hand experience learning the ins and outs of the industry.
Internships will be 3-6 months with possibilities for full time employment for candidates that thrive in the environment.