Silhouette Group is an award winning event planning, design and lifestyle marketing company based in New York City. We execute events worldwide for brands such as American Express, Disney, Sephora, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Project Runway, Nicole Miller, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, Elizabeth Arden, The GRAMMY Foundation, Formula 1 and a number of Fortune 500 companies in the financial sector. We specialize in events such as: luxury client entertainment programs, product launches, fashion shows, corporate conferences, non-profit events, galas, experiential marketing campaigns and destination management programs. Our goal is to create experiences that strengthen relationships between brands and the people who matter the most to them. We are constantly in pursuit of that awe-inspiring twist to take each event to the next level and exceed our clients' expectations. By consistently maintaining a level of excellence and full client support, we create a bond of trust that provides our clients with peace of mind.
Silhouette Group's creative style, energetic demeanor, and attention to detail is reflected in each project and event. We exceed our clients' goals by building brand experiences through lifestyle, entertainment and marketing programs. Our strategic relationships around the U.S. provide a competitive edge allowing us to meet each of our clients' specific and unique needs.
We are looking for a qualified production, writing and design Intern. Our ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and conceptual design, as well as strong writing and editing skills.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Creating, updating and editing excel spreadsheets, timelines and important production documents
- Researching potential vendors and venues
- Negotiating with vendors
- Compiling and creating production documents
- Updating Silhouette Group's website and deck
- Writing assignments
- Editing copy
- Drafting emails
- Assisting in the creation of vision boards, proposals and pitches using Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Assisting with design research, design concept and design execution
Below are the requirements for the position:
- Smart phone and laptop computer (with Microsoft Office & Adobe Creative Suite) are required for daily use on the job
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) & Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- 40 hours a week // some weekends will be required
- Professional and well-spoken demeanor
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Travel may be required // event related travel expenses will be paid for by Silhouette Group
If you meet all of the criteria listed above and would like to be considered for this internship, please send your resume, cover letter and samples of your writing and design capabilities.
- Hands on experience during a large scope of events.
- Opportunity to travel to incredible places around the country and around the world.
- Developing skills that reach further than the Events Industry.
- Interact with professionals from various fields.