FanBridge is the worldwide leader in Fan Relationship Management services for musicians. We help a large number of musicians around the world build, manage, and communicate with their fan list via multiple channels (email, mobile, social networks, etc). Our platform works hard to collect a lot of data, and then present it back to the musicians in an easy-to-use format to help them improve their career.
We are looking for interns who are fun, talented, passionate, driven, and fit with the company culture. This will be a fast-paced environment where you get to work with a collaborative team on some very interesting projects where your contributions are highly valued. Our clients are completely across the spectrum: one day you might be working with a smaller, developing artist, and the next day an international superstar.
Duties: The great thing about this internship is that you will be doing real work, not just making photocopies. You will learn real-world skills, create the rules instead of just following them, and will work with international teams to execute your projects. This internship is not for everyone, so please make sure you want to work hard with an incredible team to gain invaluable experience. Interns will work in our Flatiron office and assist the company in all areas but focus primarily on projects related to marketing, sales, business development, and client management. Given the hands on nature of this position, this is a great way to gain real, hands on experience in a rapidly growing tech/music company. You will be directly interacting daily with everyone from the founders to the clients, and you will definitely have a voice at the table for important decisions.
• If you are awesome, there is a very good chance this can lead into a part time or full time job
• We do a lot of fun things as a company. You will certainly be involved in these
Specific projects might include:
• Researching/pitching potential clients or partners
• Researching potential marketing channels
• Creating new sales, knowledge, or advice materials
• Helping manage our social network pages
• Helping our clients use the platform more effectively
• Assisting our client service team
• Assisting our tech team with testing new features
• Communicating with clients via phone/email/twitter/etc.
• Evaluating new web 2.0 sites/technologies
• Writing copy for promotions
• Must be a self-starter who combines a high level of creativity/initiative
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and advanced Internet skills
• Should have interest or experience in online marketing
• Effective problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks, and complete tasks quickly and effectively
• Experience with or knowledge of current music trends and Internet based musician tools is a plus but not required
• Experience with html and photoshop is a plus but required
• You must have your own laptop you can use (Mac or PC)
When you apply, please include your resume, a few references, and your answers (with explanations) to these questions:
1. Are you a Mac or PC? (as a personality, not which type of computer you have)
2. Why are you better than the other internship applicants? (not why are you good, but why are you better)
3. Which websites do you visit daily?