Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
The right intern for this position will possess the following skillset:
• Fashion - trend savvy
• Computer proficiency including: Adobe illustrator, photoshop, Microsoft outlook.
• Must thrive in a FAST PACED environment. Acting with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
• Clear written and oral communication skills.
• Able to take direction well and be flexible to change while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude.
• Capacity to understand customer needs.
• Able to work on projects independently, meeting deadlines while contributing creatively to design direction.
Internship Description of Duties:
The intern in this position will be exposed to and gain firsthand insight into the process of designing product from concept to market placement. This intern will be exposed to and assist with:
• Trend Research & Conceptualization – learn to identify relevant trends through market research and contribute concept ideas in order to create cohesive, marketable collections.
• Creating & Submitting Technical packages of all design concepts with Illustrator sketches; including color & material direction, product specs and construction call outs.
• Creating repeat and placement prints in illustrator and photoshop.
• Communication with overseas factories.
• Organizational Skills: responsible for record keeping of all styles, research, reference samples, material library, etc.
• Creating trend/mood boards.
• Special Development, CAD work and projects for key accounts.
• Handle incoming and outgoing sample packages from overseas and or customers/ NY showroom.