About Redbook/Womans Day Magazines:
Redbook is a trusted friend, personal shopper, and stylist in one. Curating the very best products and ideas, Redbook helps today’s woman enjoy her nonstop life. Because she wants to look good, Redbook brings her the smartest beauty discoveries, the latest anti-aging breakthroughs, and step-by-step tutorials. Because she wants to feel good and take care of her family, Redbook makes fitness easy, healthy eating delicious, and shares the latest news from top doctors. And because she loves great style, Redbook brings her hundreds of amazing fashion and home décor finds. As an iconic brand thriving in print, online, mobile and social, Redbook makes every day fun, fabulous and affordable for its nine million readers.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
The fashion department at Redbook/Woman’s Day is seeking interns to work alongside the Fashion Assistant for the Fall 2016 semeseter.
Candidate must be able to receive school credit for the internship, have a professional attitude, a strong interest in fashion/style, and be able to commit to a minimum of 3 days a week starting in September.
Fashion interns will receive a first-hand experience to learn about the inner workings of a fashion department within a print magazine. Interns will learn to navigate in a fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to be exposed to multiple facets of the fashion editorial industry. Interns will also have the chance to work one-on-one with the fashion team to learn about their current roles and previous career paths.
Candidates must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must also be dedicated and highly motivated. A positive attitude is a must!
Please send cover letter and resumes to Ann Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship Description of Duties:
• Learn how the Fashion Assistant/Supervisor conducts sample trafficking and maintains the fashion closet.
• Sit in on run-throughs with the Editor-in-Chief, Creative, Photo and Art Directors to learn the building steps behind a fashion story, who advertisers are, what readers are asking/looking for, and how the magazine can provide a fashion service for its readers.
• Shadow the Fashion Director and Fashion Assistant on photo shoots.
• May have the opportunity to shadow during market appointments for Fashion Director/Fashion Assistant.
• Take initiative to schedule informational interviews or resume critiques with fashion department.