ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Want the opportunity to work side-by-side with the editors who are behind the biggest media publisher online? The Huffington Post is looking for exceptional candidates who are not only excited about what’s happening in digital media right now but have ideas about where it’s going. Get a byline on your first day, shape our social strategy, and contribute to our video-first platform. This is where it all starts.
The HuffPost Fellowship is a six-month, full-time paid program that gives participants a hands on experience in all aspects of digital media. If you’ve got the HuffPost DNA, we want you to be a part of shaping the future of the Internet with us. Through trainings, unique projects and working with various teams across the newsroom, fellows will have an experience that puts them at the cutting edge of web publishing. There are three fellowship start dates per year and the program is based in AOL’s New York office in Greenwich Village.
- Writing headlines, packaging stories and video content
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- Pitching and producing shareable content for a social media audience
- Help us manage social media accounts and identify emerging platforms
The HuffPost Fellows are located in our New York office, located in Greenwich Village.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Self-starters with an insatiable appetite for news and information
- Strong research and writing skills
- Passion for the power and influence of social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and confidence to share your unique perspective and ideas
- Ability to receive constructive criticism professionally, and quickly apply the feedback
- A demonstrated excitement about HuffPost’s editorial mission
Please note this program will have a group start date the first week of June, 2015. Please only apply if you are available to begin in June and commit to the full 6 months! We will have another group for a September start date which you can apply for at a later date if you are not able to commit to a summer start.
Candidates should apply through this link: http://form.jotform.us/form/50356939472161
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.