New York City based creative advertising agency is seeking interns to join our production team for a summer internship opportunity. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who wants to learn more about the advertising industry, production and post-production in a real-life ad agency setting.
The ideal candidate will take their existing editorial skills and become an integral part of the production workflow. This intern will become a part of our production team during their internship term and work directly with the agency producers and post supervisors. They will be a part of the producing, editing, creative and account management process during client pitch projects, client projects and internal agency projects.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
The intern will support the production team in the following ways:
• Reporting, tracking, and presenting Post Production Data
• Helping Producers meet video timelines
• Quality Checking Project Deliverables
• Creating Completed Project Folders
• Editing footage according to storyboards, brand guidelines, and client direction
• Providing creative input and collaborating throughout the entire production process
• Editing/processing/outputting videos from stakeholders then preparing them for final product
• Advising on and addressing creative and client feedback in an efficient and creative manner
• Assembling material into an assortment of video-based deliverables.
• Knowledge of Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook video and any other social-based upload and sharing efforts
• Maintaining an organized library of video assets
• As a film or video editor, you'll be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting in a variety of formats for a variety of distribution platforms.
Internship Description of Duties:
What’s in it for you? As an intern at our agency, you will: • Bolster your Video Portfolio. • Gain valuable experience working in multiple facets of a young company growing fast. • Learn how to produce real-world advertisements. • Learn teamwork, project management, and interpersonal skills in addition to increasing your existing technical proficiency in editorial, animation, sound design/audio mixing and photography. • Learn the postproduction process in a real world setting. • The opportunity to work with accomplished producers, creatives, account managers and strategists in the industry on a daily basis. Bolstering your network of professional contacts. Skills our Intern should have: • Currently pursuing a BA. Majoring in Communications, Film or a specialty Media Arts and/or Advertising/Marketing major • Attention to detail, coupled with the skills to operate video equipment and video editing software with consistent accuracy • Excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and punctuality to meetings and in delivering projects • Fluent computer skills (some type of video editing software: Premiere, FCP and After FX are preferred) and 1+ years of video and audio editing experience is valued • Working knowledge of basic video editing, video editing software, technical aspects of video production • An interest in pursuing a career in advertising, production or a related field of media. • Must possess a love for the production process, specifically in editing, story-telling and marketing. • Sample work or demo reel is a plus with a list of programs the applicant is fluent working in. • Must be a Mac user. (Applicant will not be asked to use their own computer and/or programs to complete any tasks during this internship.)