Foton Pictures is a creator-driven content studio. Based out of Los Angeles since 2015 with capacity to develop, produce, and finance feature films, episodic projects, gaming experiences, and new media projects. Foton Pictures released two theatrical films in 2017 and 2018. THE LITTLE HOURS, which premiered on opening night as an Official Selection at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival to strong reviews featuring a wonderful comedic cast in John C. Reilly, Aubrey Plaza, Dave Franco, and Alison Brie. It is globally distributed by Universal Pictures and Gunpowder & Sky. In 2017, Foton Pictures also produced Bill Watterson’s award-winning festival darling, DAVE MADE A MAZE featuring comedian Nick Thune (as Dave) and released theatrically by Gravitas Ventures. We also produced “TO THE STARS”, an Official Selection of the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. It premiered in competition to great audience reception and critical reviews. Directed by the Independent Spirit Award winner, Martha Stephens featuring Malin Akerman, Tony Hale, Liana Liberato and Shea Whigham. The project was produced by Laura D. Smith (It Follows) and Kristin Mann (Midnight Special). It’s first international premiere will be at the Karlovy Vary Festival in July 2019. A domestic theatrical release is planned for the Fall in 2019 via The Samuel Goldwyn Company.
• Originals production ultimate analysis - Compare film cost ultimates against greenlight and actuals and test for impairment
• Assist in research, analysis, and financial modeling for budget and forecasting
• Test new financial package and upload budget and forecast for comparison and analysis
• Create a comprehensive summary of current revenue and expense contracts
• Assist in process improvement initiatives such as testing new systems and programming schedule optimization
The intern will have learning opportunities in the following:
• Financial planning and analysis of relevant and growing digital businesses as well as the traditional networks and film and series production businesses
• Must have previous Accounting internship and work experience
• Major in Finance or Accountancy
• Advanced level in Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage and lead projects
• Self-motivated and a team-player
• Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting/Finance
Foton Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Foton Pictures Internship Program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These internship assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Fall internship is from August 12th through October 14th, and all candidates must be able to work between 10-25 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).