Foton Pictures is a creator-driven content studio. Based out of Los Angeles since 2015 with capacity to develop, produce, and finance feature films, episodic projects, gaming experiences, and new media projects. Foton Pictures released two theatrical films in 2017 and 2018. THE LITTLE HOURS, which premiered on opening night as an Official Selection at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival to strong reviews featuring a wonderful comedic cast in John C. Reilly, Aubrey Plaza, Dave Franco, and Alison Brie. It is globally distributed by Universal Pictures and Gunpowder & Sky. In 2017, Foton Pictures also produced Bill Watterson’s award-winning festival darling, DAVE MADE A MAZE featuring comedian Nick Thune (as Dave) and released theatrically by Gravitas Ventures. We also produced “TO THE STARS”, an Official Selection of the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. It premiered in competition to great audience reception and critical reviews. Directed by the Independent Spirit Award winner, Martha Stephens featuring Malin Akerman, Tony Hale, Liana Liberato and Shea Whigham. The project was produced by Laura D. Smith (It Follows) and Kristin Mann (Midnight Special). It’s first international premiere will be at the Karlovy Vary Festival in July 2019. A domestic theatrical release is planned for the Fall in 2019 via The Samuel Goldwyn Company.
• Work essentially as an assistant within the Marketing Department, being a full extension of the Social Media team
• Assist in the development and execution of social media strategies for each film
• Update Key Dates, Calendars, Marketing Decks, and social team documents on a weekly basis
• Identify and report on what captures people's attention on social and drives conversation
• Keep a finger on the pulse of social trends, new platform features and best practices
• Research popular social influencers and handles to identify new editorial partnerships to collaborate with on each film
• Oversee fan site targeted outreach on each film, which would include researching and reporting on fan groups and delivering social assets/exclusive materials to the social editors
• Assist in the planning and execution of live social media events including activities at press junkets, premieres, special events, talent Q&As, etc.
• Have your hand in all aspects of the Digital Department taking part in content creation for social platforms and media-focused initiatives
• Develop and implement a college-focused social campaign strategy collaborating and cross-promoting with other Marketing Departments where applicable
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Google Docs
• Abilities in Photoshop/other editing software is not required, but is a plus
• Knowledge of social media trends and social networking tools
• Strong creative instincts and an eye for detail
• Strong work ethic, communication skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude is a must.
• Avid interest in Entertainment Marketing
• Undergraduate student studying in relevant field
Foton Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Foton Pictures Internship Program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These internship assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Fall internship is from August 12th through October 14th, and all candidates must be able to work between 10-25 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).