The Florida Nurses Association is the only professional organization the represents nurses regardless of specialty or area of practice.
We are known for our legislative advocacy at the Capital for nursing and healthcare issues. We have a foundation which gives grants and scholarships to students and researchers and we have a Political Action Committee that supports candidates during election years.
· We would like someone who is interested in creating marketing materials, marketing promotions or some web development for one of our auxiliary groups.
· We could also use someone who was interested in editing and update publications and creating e-books.
· We could also use someone interested in event planning and fundraising, to seek sponsorships and exhibitors.
· Review and updating of existing marketing materials.
· Creation of new targeted marketing material.
· Review of existing publications and update with conversion to ebooks or epubs as well as print versions
· Seeking sponsorships and exhibitors for our annual meeting.
· Support of the event planner before and during a conference.
· May be asked to travel to conference to support event planner and learn the nuts and bolts of on-site conference management
Perks would be:
Any materials developed could be added to the intern’s professional portfolio
Work in this environment could also serve a experience on the resume
Interns would be included in any staff activities such as retreats or special events.