About Happy Medium Interactive:
Happy Medium Interactive is an award winning interactive technology company focused on human computer interaction as a means to improve the human experience. We write, develop, and produce immersive technology and media experiences spanning iOS apps, Apple Watch apps, web apps, games, websites, and digital video.
We deliver the cohesive fusion of product design, computer science, and communication design focusing particularly on the interfaces between people (users) and computers.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with our CEO on a variety of projects including mobile app design, email design, letterheads and other various projects. Additionally, the intern will be responsible for reviewing websites and mobile apps for accuracy related to aesthetics, functionality, and content. This internship is virtual, and can be worked from home. The internship is 12 weeks, but can be adjusted if necessary.
Design, layout and update various types of collateral for HMI clients including:
- Mobile App Design.
- Prepare files for development.
- Become familiar with Bluechip websites and mobile apps in terms of features and functionality, and recognize bugs or errors during testing.
- Use QA checklist to systematically evaluate aesthetics, functionality and content.
- Assist in creation/maintenance of QA documentation.
- Keep a log of issues.
- Provide general feedback on ideas to improve QA process and projects.
- Enrolled in a Graphic Design program or related field of study.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator) and Google Drive.
- Familiarity with Wordpress, and mobile app functionality is desired, but not mandatory.
- Intermediate/Advanced user of different types of computers and mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad).
- Ability to work in a virtual capacity.
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone / Skype / Facetime / email.
Benefits & Perks:
- Work directly with CEO.
- Contribute to the design and execution of projects for top-tier clients.
- Enhance your graphic design skills by working closely with a small team.
- Develop competency in project management.
- Gain a broad understanding of branding and its importance to an organization.
12-15 Hours Per Week