Are you addicted to social applications like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr? Are you creative, passionate and talented with a hunger to learn more? Do you want to work with a group of smart, talented, and creative people who are running websites in Style, Food and Home at AOL? Do you want to gain real life work experience in a corporation with a start-up atmosphere and earn some extra money? Do you want to work in the most tricked out loft office space in Manhattan? If your answer is yes to all of the above we would love to work with you and would love to have you as our intern!
AOL's Lifestyle Brands include world class and widely respected content sites including MAKERS, StyleList, KitchenDaily and Homesessive. The Social Media Intern will work predominantly with Homesessive. Homesessive shares inspirational ideas to transform your home into your dream space through expert advice, quick tips and and unique, DIY ideas.
• Manage the day-to-day messaging on social media for multiple social accounts for multiple lifestyle brands
• Participate in real-time online conversation by sharing information, photos, replying to questions, and creating discussions on carrying social networking sites
• Monitor news sites, news feeds, and social media to stay ahead of breaking news and collaborate with programming teams to keep editorial current
• Write clear, engaging creative social media copy for multiple platforms and maintain community interaction
• Maintain and ensure consistent messaging across multiple platforms
• Grow the audience and keep engagement conversation going with fans and social groups
• Facilitate social contests and work with programming teams to monitor their success in growing audience and engagement with the content
• Work with social measurement tools and IDs to track performance and optimize campaigns
• Write blog posts, photo and video descriptions and other video metadata
• Applicants MUST be currently enrolled in school or have graduated no earlier than December 2012
• Strongly Preferred: Previous Internship with Social Media at a Media Company or Publisher, Lifestyle Experience a Plus
• Strong Copy Writing Skills required
• Working knowledge of how all social media platforms work
Flexible Hours: Ability to work in the evening or from home when needed