Founded by veterans of Google and YouTube, Howcast Media brings together the personality of user-generated content with the quality of a professional video studio to help consumers learn how-to do everything from the practical (“How to Paint a Wall”), to the unusual (“How to Get Paid for Donating Plasma”), to the entertaining (“How Not to Get Mugged”) at www.howcast.com. TIME Magazine recently recognized Howcast as one of the 50 Best Websites of 2008. With high-quality video content and vibrant user communities organized around specific topic categories, Howcast provides a wealth of opportunities for distribution and advertising partners.
Howcast is set apart by our pursuit of the very best video content. We produce our own video content in our New York City studio with cutting-edge directors as well as through the Howcast Directors Program which provides emerging filmmakers with the opportunity to gain experience, exposure and a pay check.
• Strong written and inter-personal communication skills
• Genuine interest in emerging digital media, culture and businesses
• Ability to work effectively with team members and take direction
• Keen attention to detail and good organization skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment requiring you to work with agility across teams and time zones (we have offices in New York City and San Francisco)
• Familiarity with the following software/services preferred:
o Google Docs, Microsoft Office
o Adobe Photoshop