About The Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post's DC bureau is seeking an intern to work closely with the reporters and editors on the Politics team. Our intern is considered an integral part of the bureau -- no office duties or coffee-fetching; you will work side-by-side with the staff in the HuffPost newsroom. Our intern can expect to be fully immersed in politics and given a crash course on life as a reporter at a national publication. We are looking for a political junkie with strong reporting, writing and research skills. He or she must be able to work well both independently and with a team, absorb constructive criticism and have a passion to learn about politics, policy and journalism. This is great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
- Pitching and writing stories
- Covering events
- Researching content
- Learning the ins and outs of social media and how the Politics page works
- Staying up-to-date on all the latest political news
- Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Politics editors and reporters
- General administrative duties
Requirements for Success:
- Strong research and writing skills
- Insatiable appetite for political news and extensive knowledge of national politics
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box
- Meticulous dedication to detail
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from the feedback
- Familiarity with social media preferred
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
In addition to submitting your resume and cover letter via Internqueen., please submit your materials by clicking this link too: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/Aol/86301804-huffpost-politics-spring-in...
15-30 Hours Per Week