About Leaf Group:
Hunker is looking for an Editorial Intern to help assist the team from our Santa Monica office. Hunker is a new architecture and design website that features exclusive property tours, original features, and design advice that uncovers the lives behind every front door. We know that home is more than a shelter, and that’s why our mission is to create content that makes our readers feel at home.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Editorial Intern grows with us.
To apply, submit your resume and application here: http://grnh.se/7145q61
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories. We craft experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a dedication to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
What You Have:
- Strong writing skills. Background in journalism is preferred.
- Ability to commit to 20 hours per week interning from our Santa Monica office.
- Highly organized and can manage multiple deadlines, including writing 20 pieces per month.
- Ability to multi-task and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Benefits & Perks:
What We Have:
- Paid internship
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at our ice cream socials, Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art and Society6
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast moving and fun environment!
Internship Description of Duties:
You’ll Report To: Editor A typical day as an Editorial Intern might include: • Locating recently completed modern properties, restaurants, and hotels for potential tours. • Interviewing architect(s) or owners of homes and write compelling copy about the property’s background. Writing up to two house tours per week. • Pitching and writing short news stories and design tips. Writing three posts per week. • Corresponding with architects and photographers about securing image permissions and spec sheets. • Updating a photography log of original and shared content. • Assisting in content brainstorms for monthly content around new trends, designer profiles, original tours, and essay features. You’ll be successful if you have a strong writing background, and if you are professional, self-motivated, and comfortable in a collaborative workplace environment.
15-30 Hours Per Week