About Red Tent Foundation:
The Red Tent Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of college women. We accomplish this by sponsoring and leading monthly discussion groups on college campuses. The groups encourage women to connect with each other and have meaningful conversations about the issues that matter to them and in a supportive and caring environment.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
"The Red Tent Foundation isn't just girls talking about guys or coffee or shoes. It is girls evaluating and really digging deep into issues that impact our lives."
"I loved the feeling of friendship and acceptance that I felt at the meetings. I also liked the questions that gave the meeting structure."
"Unique organization unlike the others I am involved in!"
Learn more about The Red Tent Foundation at www.redtentfoundation.org.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
A leadership & nonprofit internship that helps college women.
We are looking for passionate students who want the opportunity to change the conversation about women's health and wellness on their campus! Our fierce campus ambassadors will be the face of the Red Tent Foundation at their university, and will communicate directly with Red Tent headquarters to ensure overall success. We are accepting applicants from any and all accredited universities.
If you're ready to make a big impact in your community and gain invaluable leadership skills, we want to talk to you!
- Introduce the Red Tent Foundation to students at your university. This means establishing RTF as an official club on your campus. This is crucial and can be time-consuming. It involves filling out forms, finding a faculty advisor, and being persistent.
- Lead at least one monthly discussion group for women on campus
- Communicate with Red Tent Foundation headquarters via Google Hangout at least twice per month, as well as one virtual training session over the summer, also via Google Hangouts.
- Inspire women on campus and in your community to to attend monthly meetings and join the conversation. Translation: marketing like crazy! You get the word out there and make sure that people are showing up to our meetings. Don't worry, we will provide you with a lot of great ideas and be there every step of the way!
- Form partnerships with similar organizations on campus to increase reach
-Strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Networking skills
- Outgoing, compassionate, self-starting
- Comfortable with speaking in front of groups
- Interested in women's health and wellness
- Must be willing to take on this role through Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
Benefits & Perks:
- Gain invaluable leadership experience
- Meet dozens of like-minded women across the country and in your community
- Have access to resources that will ensure your success
12-15 Hours Per Week