About ISA Internships in London, England:
London’s rich history provides depth to every field—be it film, research, or business—as well as an English speaking population that makes navigating the cultural difference of your internship dandy!
We connect students and recent graduates with customized internships in London in a variety of career fields and with the option to receive academic credit. With our network of partner companies which include multinational corporations, emerging start-ups, and NGOs, we connect you to an internship based on your career goals, interests, and past experiences. This means your internship is tailored specifically to you!
A large part of the custom-matching processes involves our one-on-one advising session, pre-departure webinar, and guidance, all of which help you stand out from the crowd and become a competitive applicant.
Our team provides you with professional development resources and support before, during and after your career-building experience so that you are able to maximize your personal and professional development at every stage of your program.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
ISA Internships are available to current students and recent graduates who meet the following eligibility requirements:
*Must be proficient in English, as all application and enrollment processes are in English (internships will be conducted in either English or the language of the host country, depending on participant's comfort)
*Must have graduated high school by the start date of the internship program
*Must be at least 18 years old by the start date of the internship program
*Must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA or be able to provide an academic letter of recommendation and a statement of intent
We have four intake dates through out the year:
January 2018: Deadline to apply is October 1st, 2017
May 2018: Deadline to apply is January 15th, 2018
June 2018: Deadline to apply is February 10th, 2018
September 2018: Deadline to apply is May 1st, 2018
Benefits & Perks:
1. Receive personalized advising on career opportunities, resume and cover letter revision, interview coaching and receive academic credit.
2. Get matched with an international internship that suits your specific experiences, skills, and professional goals. Your internship placement will be confirmed BEFORE departure.
3. Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation. Highlights included a double decker bus tour and a crash course on how to navigate London's world famous tube.
4. Benefit from the ISA office, enjoy the company of your fellow ISA interns and ISA students and use the Wi-Fi Internet provided at the ISA office.
5. Gain access to the Professional Development Toolbox, which includes resources to identify the skills and knowledge you have acquired through your international, academic, and personal experiences.
Internship Description of Duties:
Interning in England gives you the opportunity to explore your field of interest from a new cultural and a new temporal perspective. Interning in England is a particularly strong location for Education, Business, and Marketing, and Film and Media. Due to visa restrictions, Hospitality and Tourism and Healthcare should are not available. All applicants should be aware that internships in England are very competitive and strong educational and experiential background are advised. London is considered to be one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world and any intern will immediately notice the great diversity found within the city. London residents and visitors alike hail from around the world and combined speak over 300 languages. Don't be surprised if during your first days in London you are asked for directions; as you simply cannot tell a local from a foreigner.