Shanghai, China, is considered one of the world’s largest cities and most important centers for business and trade. It’s an excellent location for a wide range of career fields and will provide you a chance to learn about the business side of most industries.
ISA Internships connects students and recent graduates with customized internships in Shanghai in a variety of career fields and with the option to receive academic credit.
With our network of partner companies which include multinational corporations, emerging start-ups, and NGOs, we connect you to an internship based on your career goals, interests, and past experiences. This means your internship is tailored specifically to you!
A large part of the custom-matching processes involves our one-on-one advising session, pre-departure webinar, and guidance, all of which help you stand out from the crowd and become a competitive applicant.
Our team provides you with professional development resources and support before, during and after your career-building experience so that you are able to maximize your personal and professional development at every stage of your program.
ISA Internships are available to current students and recent graduates who meet the following eligibility requirements:
*Must be proficient in English, as all application and enrollment processes are in English (internships will be conducted in either English or the language of the host country, depending on participant's comfort)
*Must have graduated high school by the start date of the internship program
*Must be at least 18 years old by the start date of the internship program
*Must have a minimum of 2.7 GPA
We have four intake dates through out the year:
January 2018: Deadline to apply is October 1st, 2017
May 2018: Deadline to apply is January 15th, 2018
June 2018: Deadline to apply is February 10th, 2018
September 2018: Deadline to apply is May 1st, 2018
1. Professional development starts during the application process through our unique one-on-one advising session, personalized resume, and cover letter review, access to the Professional Development Toolbox and our Professional Prep pre-departure webinar.
2. Get matched with an international internship that suits your specific experiences, skills, and professional goals.
3. Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation. Highlights include a city tour and a visit to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.
4. Have the opportunity to earn academic credit.
5. Housing included for the duration of your internship.