- Research/Finding Contacts and using the database Cision
- Writing bios, press releases and pitches
- Assistance with pitching clients to press outlets and events
- Must have great communication skills and able to multitask is a deadline driven envirement
- Assist with handling international and domestic meda outlets
- Covering events: red carpet, fittings, photo shoots, interviews, gifting suites, etc.
- Social Media: Updating our Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook on a day to day basis
- Updating and compiling press clippings/Press Kit
-Administrative support to the CEO, assist with managing office calendar
- Answering the office phone
- Other office duties as assigned
Candidate should be thick-skinned and able to take constructive criticism. They should have an outgoing personality, fun attitude and great work ethic. We are seeking someone who is passionate about learning or becoming an entertainment publicist. Our agency works hands on with entertainment/talent.
MUST have own reliable transportation and MUST be local to Los Angeles during the months of January to late May 2018.
MUST have working laptop and cell phone. (Macbook is preferred but NOT required.)
MUST be available to work 3 days per week from 10:00 am-6:00pm as well as nights and weekends for event coverage as needed. Also, MUST understand the public relations is not a 9-5 job and some additional hours during the week at times may be required. Please include availability (days of week and hours) with application.
MUST have good, communication, writing, phone, and computer skills! MUST have good phone etiquette and take direction well. Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) required. Previous public relations and red carpet experience a plus!
MUST be able to work independently both in and outside of the office environment.
Looking to hire for the month of January until about May or longer.
We are looking for someone who is committed, passionate, and willing to learn!
This is a great opportunity for hands-on experience as well as building your portfolio.
Since this is an unpaid internship, we reimburse for any parking expenses for events. This internship can also be used for college credit!
Applicants may email resume, cover letter and sample of their writing as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please include availability (days of week and hours) with application. Applications that do not include a subject line or introduction in body of email will not be read or considered.