KEEN is a national, volunteer-led nonprofit organization that provides one-to-one recreational and sports opportunities for children and young adults with mental and physical disabilities at no cost to their families or caregivers. KEEN provides children with autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome or other disabilities the opportunity to play, shoot hoops, kick a soccer ball, work out at a fitness club, bowl, swim, sing or dance with help, as needed, from volunteer coaches.
• Computer programming experience (such as, but not restricted to, C++ and Java); Graphic Design experience (such as, but not restricted to, Adobe Photoshop); Eagerness to work with people also desired
• Design and develop a low content computer game and game interface for KEEN LA’s annual benefit fundraiser. Other possible responsibilities include maintaining KEEN LA’s internet media outreach including its web, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
• Attend KEEN sessions to gain a greater understanding of the organization
5 hours a week
Must be available to volunteer at KEEN sessions (2 Sundays a month)
Please include a cover letter
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
• No prior experience necessary working with disabled populations.
• Credit Available
• This is a intern position (unpaid)
• Must have access to e-mail
Benefits & Perks:
12-15 Hours Per Week