About Krista Simmons, Inc.:
Krista Simmons is culinary travel content creator who loves telling stories on various digital platforms, primarily in video, in collaboration with her digital media production company Fork in the Road Media. You may have seen her on Top Chef Masters, Knife Fight, and The Today Show, or seen her pieces in Travel + Leisure or on Tastemade. Her main goal is to engage and inform her global audience to lead adventurous, delicious lives through digital media.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
- Must love food and travel
- Must be creative with a keen eye for color, composition and design
- Must have strong video editing skills in Adobe Premiere and the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Must have your own (fast) computer with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Word
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills
- Proactive, detailed oriented, and creative
- Strong time and project management skills
- Interest in branded content
- Background in communications, digital media marketing, video editing, and/or video production
- Exceptional grammar
- Graphic design experience a plus
Internship Description of Duties:
Krista is looking for a driven, creative intern to help create and edit social media facing video content for the culinary and tourism industries, and help assist in her day-to day operations.
Whether it be producing broadcast segments, creating a video series for a tourism board, or conceptualizing a food brand’s social media campaign, we focus on making highly sharable video with an emphasis on story, bringing viewers into the experience firsthand.
You'll be working directly with producer Krista Simmons (@kristasimmons on Instagram) to edit video content for various platforms including Instagram, InstaStories, Vimeo, and Facebook, and also help with day-to-day of production.
Krista's digital media company Fork in the Road Media has created innovative content on both traditional and new media platforms for major leading brands including Travel + Leisure, Tastemade, Today Show, Departures Magazine, Buzzfeed, Los Angeles Times, Orbitz, Skyscanner, and more. We’re young but growing, and are looking for an inspiring intern to join our team.
We're a small team, and are highly collaborative. Your job will include:
- Video editing in Premiere Pro CC and After Effects
- Helping to organize footage from food and travel shoots around the globe
- Streamlining work flow and organizing file structures
- Editing various cuts of video content for each social media platform (ie both vertical and horizontal video)
- Helping create captions and upload strategies for social platforms (Instagram, Instastories, Facebook, etc.) utilizing analytics and social media best practices
- Assistance in scheduling social media posts on various platforms (both video and photo)
- Assistance in pre-production research
- Streamlining bookkeeping