LFB Media Group is a multi-disciplined public relations agency located in New York City. LFB specializes in lifestyle, food and beverage. We represent influential names in hospitality, nightlife, restaurants, design, real estate, luxury consumer products and services, fashion and retail. Combining the personal attention found at boutique firms with big agency know-how, our handpicked team of PR specialists, trend experts and media strategists are leaders at the forefront of innovative brand strategy, creative marketing tactics, smart media relations and flawless event production. Our team combines this savvy with a synergy that allows us to collaborate seamlessly in order to achieve – and maintain – results well above our clients’ expectations.
LFB Media Group is looking for stand-out individuals to join our internship team. Our interns work closely with our team and are a vital part of our companies dynamic. Weather, it is assisting with a celebrity event, pulling editorial calendars or clipping and organizing our clients press. Our interns get a hands-on experience of how the PR industry works, as well as what is involved in the overall function of a boutique firm. We are looking for interns that enjoy being part of a team and who have a great attitude every day. This is an internship, so please bring a positive attitude because you will be making a few trips to Starbucks or Staples. However, you will also be involved in daily conference calls, press monitoring, attending celebrity events. We encourage our interns to take advantage of this opportunity to learn what it takes to start a career in this industry. We stress the ability to work a part of a team and to bring a positive, fresh attitude to every day.
Through the years we have learned how vital it is for our interns to be available a minimum of three days a week, for an average length of 3-4 months. We understand that school is priority and we are very willing work with your schedule. In return, we ask that you be punctual and treat this internship as a job. This internship could be a great beginning to a successful career with LFB, as we are always looking for a stand-out candidate to join our team.
This is an unpaid internship and college credit MUST be received. Please DO NOT apply if you will not be receiving school credit for your internship. You must provide documentation from your college or advisor confirming that you will be receiving credit for your internship with LFB Media Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Organizing, monitoring and clipping daily press and media placements for our clients
• Sit in on daily conference calls with our clients… forming a relationship and communicating professionally and clearly is a major part of the PR industry. Getting exposed to this aspect of the business is a great privilege
• Manage the daily meetings and conference call recaps
• Daily monitoring of both long and short lead media outlets
• Assist in the production of pitches, proposals, client alerts and other materials
• Assist with the preparation, as well as attending celebrity and fashion events
• Maintain social media activity for LFB and clients – **We love when our social media savvy interns take the initiative with improvements and ideas of what’s trending in social media**
• Actively contribute to the development of client PR plans and projects
• Provide support for monthly client reports
• Overall support and management in day-to-day LFB activities
• Pull and organize editorial calendars, as well as major media and outlet information
• Assisting with media kits and gift bags
• Help with answering the phones, calling messenger and shipping media kits and gift bags
• Assist team members with the overall management of daily task that are involved
• Communication, Journalism and Marketing majors preferred
• Demonstrate leadership and creativity
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
• PC Friendly!
• Strong writing skills (the more creative, the better!)
• Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Positive attitude, outgoing personality and a love for the industry
• PUNCTUAL, organized and reliable individual that enjoys being part of a team!
Email your resume and cover letter to ABorello@lfbmediagroup.com for consideration. Please provide a bit of information about yourself in the body of the email, as well as your contact information. If we feel you would be a great addition to our team we will contact you for an interview.