LF Europe & LF Americas is part of Li & Fung Limited, a Hong Kong listed multinational with over 110 years of supply chain expertise. As the world leader in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods, Li & Fung covers all aspects of the supply chain from product design and production management to quality control and shipping. Operating through a global network of over 300 offices and distribution centres in more than 40 markets, Li & Fung’s 15,000+ suppliers provide high quality, ethically sourced consumer goods to retailers around the world. The global reach of Li & Fung brings significant purchasing power to LF Europe & LF Americas as well as unrivalled access to merchandising and product development capabilities.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
The Production Intern/Apprentice learns and assists with the efficient execution of the entire production process, from concept to delivery. This full-time, paid internship/apprenticeship position will support the production teams for a period of six (6) months (ie. January 2017 - July 2017).
Roles & Responsibilities
• Participate in cross functional meetings & gain an understanding of the role of Production in the product lifecycle.
• Identify the steps that Production goes through in order to produce a quality garment including working with vendors, sourcing fabric, sample stages, fittings & cost negotiation.
• Learn more about the day to day tasks accomplished by Production team members including sample status, vendor communication & approvals.
• Provide research, maintenance & support for assigned departmental projects & tasks as assigned.
• Participate & provide feedback in group meetings & discussions, if applicable.
Additionally, we encourage you to visit the following website to learn more about our Company:
Skills and Requirements:
• Relevant coursework in Production / Buying / Retail Management
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills
• Passion for production, willingness to take on any task assigned, quick to learn new things
• Highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products and Mac computers
Note: Interested candidates must apply directly on the Li & Fung Website here: http://bit.ly/LiandFungProductionInternship