Likeable Media is an award-winning, global social media and word of mouth marketing firm with a focus on the creation of compelling content. Likeable Media has worked with over 200 brands such as Medtronic, General Electric, Neutrogena, Verizon, and Logitech. Likeable Media is recognized as one of Facebook's top 90 Preferred Developer Consultants, and is the only agency to win three consecutive WOMMY awards from the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA). In 2012, Likeable Media was named #146 on the Inc 500 Fastest-Growing U.S. Companies List. Likeable consists of Likeable Media, as well as the small business software product Likeable Local.
As an Associate Community Manager at Likeable Media, you will help respond to and engage with large, enthusiastic brand communities. This is your chance to spend all day on Facebook--and get paid for it. You will work alongside our full-time Community Managers, gaining hands-on, real world agency experience (the kind that will make your friends jealous). You will be given amazing networking opportunities and mentored by some real social media pros, learning the skills that can’t be taught in a classroom. We’re flexible with your work schedule, and expect you to be as well.
Expectations: This is not a typical internship. We’re looking for students who attend NYC area schools, are willing to commute to the city, and can work 15 hours per week (including some weekend and evening work). There is a monthly stipend and college credit can be earned. We are looking for a minimum of a three month commitment.
Roles and Responsibilities: Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now and then. However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day to day obligations will be:
- Monitoring, managing, and updating clients’ pages.
- Assisting in the development of content, campaigns, and promotions for pages.
- Developing monthly/bi-monthly analyses and reports for clients.
- Researching new platforms, existing networks, blogger outreach, and competitor analysis.
- Reading relevant blogs on a daily basis.
- Maintaining active profiles on a variety of social media platforms.
Skills/Qualities: In order to be successful in this position, you need to possess certain skills/qualities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- An enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Grammatical proficiency
- Experience using Google Docs, Hootsuite, Facebook ad platform, and Facebook Insights is preferred.
Qualities: The position takes a certain type of individual. The ideal candidate is:
- A quick thinker
- A fast learner
- A problem-solver
- A great communicator
- An excellent delegator
- A self-starter
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to take direction well
- A team player
- A people person
- Instilled with a sense of urgency
APPLY HERE:Associate Community Manager Application