Expectations: This is not a typical internship. We’re looking for students who attend NYC area schools, are willing to commute to the city, and can work 15 hours per week (including some weekend and evening work). There is a monthly stipend and college credit can be earned. We are looking for a minimum of a three month commitment.
Roles and Responsibilities: Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now and then. However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day to day obligations will be:
- Monitoring, managing, and updating clients’ pages.
- Assisting in the development of content, campaigns, and promotions for pages.
- Developing monthly/bi-monthly analyses and reports for clients.
- Researching new platforms, existing networks, blogger outreach, and competitor analysis.
- Reading relevant blogs on a daily basis.
- Maintaining active profiles on a variety of social media platforms.
Skills/Qualities: In order to be successful in this position, you need to possess certain skills/qualities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- An enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Grammatical proficiency
- Experience using Google Docs, Hootsuite, Facebook ad platform, and Facebook Insights is preferred.
Qualities: The position takes a certain type of individual. The ideal candidate is:
- A quick thinker
- A fast learner
- A problem-solver
- A great communicator
- An excellent delegator
- A self-starter
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to take direction well
- A team player
- A people person
- Instilled with a sense of urgency
APPLY HERE:Associate Community Manager Application