The mission of The Mark Twain House & Museum is to foster an appreciation of the legacy of Mark Twain as one of our nation's defining cultural figures, and to demonstrate the continuing relevance of his work, life and times.
Visitor Services Internship Duties:
This will include, but is not limited to:
• Working at the Front Desk, greeting visitors and learning to use and run VISTA, our ticket sales system
• Giving tours of The Mark Twain House
• Working in The Mark Twain Store and learning to use Counterpoint, the Point of Sale system used
• Learning and giving school programs for students that visit
• Creating a specialty tour, and giving it at least once to the public.
• Assist in any evening education programs held at the museum
• Attending weekly staff meetings.
Interns should have an interest in history and be comfortable with public speaking. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and climb three flights of stairs. Interns must be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and interacting with visitors from all over the world.
Looking for interns year round.