This position is based in the Birmingham, AL office and covers the states of Alabama and Mississippi. Candidates must be energetic, team players, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. Internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication, ability to craft and promote a message, comfort with phone cultivation and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by diabetes.
Duration: Spring 2016/Summer 2016
Hours: Minimum of 15 hours/week
The Marketing/PR Intern’s responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Create, develop and implement promotional materials and social media campaigns
* Prepare media materials such as press releases, advisories and media kits
* Manage the monthly ADA newsletter process.
* Ensure visible placement of ADA events and programs on ADA website, local event websites, social networking sites and community calendars
* Work with staff and volunteers to appropriate handle media contacts on the day-of-event
* Assist as necessary with other marketing communication and health promotion needs
* Candidate must exude professionalism
* Commitment to a flexible work schedule of a minimum of 15 hours per week
* Education in public relations, journalism, communications or related field
* Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications and social media
* Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced and time-sensitive work environment
* Attention to detail and accountability
* Ability to see the “big picture” and assist with all marketing/communications/PR aspects of events and programs
* Interest or personal connection to diabetes is desirable, but not mandatory
* Must have reliable transportation (mileage reimbursed)
* Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Candidate will report to the Market Director, for more information, please contact: Angie Rosen, Coordinator of Community Engagement at 870-5172 x:3055 or firstname.lastname@example.org