Shandy Media is a compulsive digital media company with awesome content for the O.M.G. (Obsessive Millennial Generation).
Shandy Media creates original content that educates and inspires people - who inspire other people to seek, share, and ultimately, make a transaction. The need to inform our readers is as compulsive as their need to WATCH, WEAR, EAT, DRINK, TOUCH, and SHARE it. This is the power of the O.M.G.
All Shandy Media properties rank among the top 50 websites within each vertical including entertainment (Hollyscoop), music (Stereotude), food and beverage (The Savory), sports (The Fumble), and fashion (ModaMob) in terms of desktop and mobile traffic within the United States (comScore, April 2014). Shandy Media produced over 900,000 seconds of original video content for its 10.7MM monthly users resulting in over 112MM total monthly page views in December of 2013. Shandy Media will develop new opportunities increasing traffic and content across all verticals boasting over 800 pieces of original video content each month.
• Post images to Instagram in whichever voice of the brand assigned, including relevant hashtags and crediting for source images
• Double tap accounts we follow when signed into Instagram for each brand
• Tweet at influencers or people mentioned in editorial content, recording twitter handles in assigned Google Doc
• Research proper subreddits, rules of reddit and hottest trending reddit articles (and record them on assigned Google Doc)
• Give a top 10 trending via Google Trends every day (and record them on assigned Google Doc)
• Collect Shutterstock or Instagram images for galleries based on prerequisites for the editorial post
• Utilize word games to help create content/title ideas (I.e. Word cloud, semiotic stream, etc)
• Post articles to reddit, stumbleupon, ohnotheydidn't and others, recording links, titles, tags, subreddits and post links on assigned Google Doc
• Record social reach when asked
• Research influencers and possible Brigade candidates and record their social reach on assigned Google Doc
• Organize and monitor daily press clippings through third party vendors
This is an educational Training Program with Shandy Media – focused on Marketing and Social Media Marketing. This unpaid training program requires college credit. Also, all applicants are required to sign NDA upon acceptance of internship. Please include in the subject field the position you are applying for.