Matrex Exhibits is looking for a fearless intern to join our design team this summer.
An Exhibit Design internship will help you understand how design and business work together in a fast-paced environment. As Matrex intern, you’ll assist in client presentations, handle vendor management, assist designers, and participate brainstorm/concept discussions. Most importantly, a Matrex Design Intern will learn to apply principles and elements of three-dimensional design from concept to reality. And of course, have fun in the process.
* Collaborative. Ability to work with different disciplines and departments to transform ideas into engaging experiences. Be skilled at harnessing different team perspectives and forming them into strategic solutions.
* Communicative. Effectively and often; within the creative team, across the company, with clients. Possesses the ability to present and champion great thinking, and provide keen insights.
* Entrepreneurial. Be self-motivated and thrive on turning challenges into opportunities. Always looking for better ways to do what we do.
Portfolio and Experience that Demonstrates:
* Sincere interest and experience in structural, exhibit, 3D and/or interior design that includes solving specific fundamental problems in form and function.
* The ability to handle all aspects of a project, including gathering information from the client, producing and disseminating information to other departments, and managing designs through the creative process
* An understanding of what compels people to react to, become engaged in, and interact within a 3D environment.
* Experience working with different types of computer-aided design software such as 3D Studio Max and Creative Suite. Microsoft Office and PowerPoint proficiency are also must haves.
Utilization: The intern will take turns shadowing Tom, Jennifer, Rob, and Andrew on various live projects. The candidate will also help execute capability decks, assess rental inventory and participate in brainstorms as needed.