About Miles High Productions:
Miles High Productions is looking for 1-2 on-site potential candidates for internship credit for spring 2018 semester to work with our organization. Miles High Productions is a digital marketing and social media marketing agency specializing in PR/Social Marketing strategies and label support services with music artists and other entertainment related brand products and provides individuals with hands-on experience in the changing nature of artist marketing and promotion. Interns will implement marketing campaigns for specific music artists with their work supervised online by our senior project social media manager.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
- Time Management – ability to work 3-4 days a week in the Los Angeles/Hollywood based office.
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong communication skills needed
- Preference will be given to those who have a sincere interest and involvement in the music industry with emphasis in PR or entertainment marketing
- Attention to detail, excellent written communications and organization a must
- In-depth familiarity with online communities such as social networks, forums and blogs
- Additional skills that are highly desirable: audio and video editing, photoshop, Wordpress
Internship Description of Duties:
Responsibilities will include understanding of the process and formulation of customized PR Campaigns, database research, website evaluations for artist placement, coordination of marketing campaigns, some basic social network marketing tie-in with PR, guerilla marketing, tour marketing, video marketing, newsletter marketing, data analytics, viral media distribution, press release wire services and online community outreach in lifestyle and niche based areas.
Interns will come away from the internship program with practical skills and experience implementing and managing key marketing techniques utilized to develop major and independent musicians today.
Some responsibilities for the internship include the following:
- Digital Publicity/Marketing strategies for specific artists and clients
- Learn influential communication and work with our PR team to gain real-world, hands on experience
- Attend meetings/conference calls – taking minute notes
- Communications with media (Blogs, radio station point contacts, podcasters)
- Research and development – understanding of various music genres and websites associated with respective genres (Blogs, Web Magazines, Online Radio stations, etc)
- Working with our Digital PR department – providing insights by researching sites for best positioning and strategy of potential press placement
- Working with social marketing team on press placements and efforts from Digital PR department – mentions/tags for PR confirms via social media
- Tour press marketing and newsletter marketing techniques
- Regional and Lifestyle forms of marketing
- Video Content Marketing
- Database coordinations/organizing
- Mailings – understanding our mailing system – filling out correct data on spreadsheets for client based mailings