ALLIED is a full service agency that provides clients with creative campaign ideas with national scale plus local market activation. We create integrated programs that deliver maximum promotional exposure and utilize effective earned media strategies to enhance existing traditional media.
With over 300 seasoned marketing specialists, Allied places advertising and handles public relations in over 600 markets throughout the United States and Canada. We are exceptionally staffed with experienced account managers, professional media negotiators, seasoned advertising buyers, talented creative staff and award-winning publicity and promotions specialists - all of whom work hand-in-hand to create richly saturated, targeted campaigns for each project.
Position assists the execution of New York City/Long Island/Northern New Jersey promotions for major movie studios including, but not limited to: Warner Brothers, Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight and Focus Features. Position start date is flexible, with the potential to stay on for additional semesters, depending on quality of work. The ability to work 2-4 days (partial or full, minimum of 14 hours) a week plus some evenings and weekends for special events is required. The internship is not paid hourly, but some events pay a one-time fee on a case by case basis. All applicants must be able to receive college credit and provide proof via appropriate documentation. Candidate must be a junior or high in academic standing.
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
• Assisting the promotions department in executing studio directives in the New York City area
• Developing local grassroots promotions to create word of mouth buzz for each film
• Researching and contacting potential partners and word of mouth groups for each movie
• Brainstorming and executing movie-themed events
• Responsible for creating college focused marketing and promotional campaigns
• Helping with promotional item mailings and organizing/maintaining our promo item inventory
• Attending pre-release movie screenings and writing screening reports
• Attending a variety of promotional events including movie premieres, red carpet events, street team appearances and talent appearances to represent Allied and our NYC office
• Excellent overall communication (phone, email, interpersonal, etc.) and writing (grammar, punctuation, etc.) skills
• Knowledge of New York City and the surrounding areas
• Flexible, resourceful and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment
• Detail-oriented and creative
• Ability to manage and execute multiple projects with a sense of urgency while also maintaining priorities and focus
• Team-oriented and willing to help other staff with projects when necessary, but also possess the ability to work independently if needed
• Knowledge of social media including Twitter, Facebook, FourSquare, Word Press, etc. is a plus
• Outgoing personality and sense of humor highly desirable!