As an accounting intern, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure in the exciting environment of the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce. We consider our interns to be an integral part of the accounting team. You will learn about the Nashville area while gaining experience in your field of study. You will learn through hands-on application and projects designed to be comparable to a classroom setting that you can use in your future career. You will have the opportunity to improve your skills and assist in cash management, month end close of accounting records, processing payments and producing receipts. Throughout your internship, you will assist in numerous functions of the department as listed below and will report to the Accounting Manager. This internship is designed to be a learning experience in the field of accounting, and each intern will meet specific learning objectives.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
Learning objectives that the intern will gain:
* Become familiar with general accounting practices and not for profit accounting
* Gain experience in working with general ledger software, and other software packages such as word and excel worksheets
* Hone time-management skills by meeting deadlines while managing multiple projects
* Become familiar with an office environment
Essential Job Functions:
* Post payment and prepare bank deposits
* Balance bank statements to general ledger
* Run reports from various systems
* Prepare and enter general journal entries
Education/Experience: Intern must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. No prior experience necessary.
Work Schedule: Flexible hours will be arranged with student’s schedule. These hours will fall within the Chamber's regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Salary/Course Credit: This is an unpaid internship and does not guarantee employment upon completion. Parking expenses will be covered in full. The Chamber will work with the college or university to meet the requirements of an intern credit as necessary. The student is responsible for securing and coordinating all information if college credit is needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong attention to detail and ability to understand standard accounting practices.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Effective written communication skill
Benefits & Perks:
12-15 Hours Per Week