The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest leadership society in the country with over 400 Chapters nationwide and over 350,000 members. The Society provides success and leadership programming for college students. Society membership provides students with the professional leadership training to gain a competitive edge in the employment market. In an annual national survey, 92% of Society members transitioning into careers landed the job of their choice upon graduating, and 86% attributed their success to the Society’s program. While many Chapters are established through an administrator or affiliated with a specific department, the Society provides a developmental opportunity for an outstanding student leader to establish their own leadership program on campus.
This 2 semester paid leadership internship is for students who want to develop real world skills in management, budgeting, communication, public speaking, marketing and event planning. Your role as an intern is to recruit and manage a team of student leaders to effectively plan a series of life changing events on your campus. Open to Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors only. This internship is conducted on campus.
Reporting to a Student Program Director, your role as an intern is to recruit and manage a team of student leaders to effectively plan a series of life changing events on your campus. These responsibilities range from recruiting an advisor and executive board to researching and submitting any necessary paperwork to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and leadership skills.
• Research the Society and its leadership program
• Research and evaluate different leadership organizations and programs on your campus
• Research and recruit an advisor to sponsor your leadership program
• Recruit, manage and delegate to a team of 5-10 executive board members
• Research the process to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department
• Build a network of leaders on your campus
• Plan and coordinate social, fundraising, and community service activities to create a stronger community of leaders on campus
• Plan and coordinate a series of events including a leadership seminar, networking team meetings, and video conferences featuring celebrities and bestselling authors
• Participate in weekly coaching sessions with a Student Program Director
• High level of interpersonal and communications skills
• One or more years of experience in a club or organization, in a leadership capacity, in high school or college
• Excellent time management skills
• Must be a Freshman, Sophomore or Junior to apply
• Must commit 7-10 hours weekly during the academic year for a total length of two consecutive semesters
• Applicant must be from a school that does not have a Society Chapter already in existence at your campus. Go to http://www.societyleadership.org/listing to see if your school is listed.
All hired interns will be given a $1,500 stipend at the end of the two semester Internship Program. You will be compensated upon your successful completion of all the responsibilities mentioned above.
To learn more about this leadership opportunity and apply, visit http://www.societyleadership.org/intern/IQFL043014
What are some of the benefits of being a Society Intern?
o All expense paid leadership training retreat
o Paid $1500 Stipend
o On campus internship with flexible hours around class schedule
o Develop the essential leadership skills employers and graduate schools are looking for
o Capability to empower others to see your vision and leave a legacy on your campus
o Other great benefits - scholarships and awards, online job bank, access to Success Coaches, customized personalized letter of recommendation, access to several years of past Speaker Broadcasts, Interview Series (audio interviews with experts on various topics), use of a resource collection of leadership books and CD's, Motivational Mondays (weekly e-mails with five-minutes of motivational audio recordings), and participation in Success Networking Teams.