The National Society of Leadership and Success is a nationwide community of college leaders dedicated to creating lasting positive change. The Society is becoming one of the largest leadership honor societies, known as Sigma Alpha Pi, in America. It is an organization that helps people discover and achieve their goals. The Society offers life-changing lectures from the nations leading presenters and a community where likeminded success oriented individuals come together and help one another succeed. The Society also serves as a powerful force of good in the greater community by encouraging and organizing action to better the world. The core philosophy upon which the Society was founded is that one can achieve their dreams with proper support and dedicated action, and that we accomplish more together than would achieve alone. We help people realize their dreams and change the world in the process.
The paid Society Internship is a unique experience offering you a chance to develop skills in:
• Management - direct a 12-person executive board
• Budgeting - develop and implement a budget for speakers, community service and social events
• Fundraising - get your community involved supporting the leaders of tomorrow
• Communication - implement cutting edge technology during interactive broadcast events
• Public Speaking - represent The National Society of Leadership and Success on your campus
• Marketing - create local marketing campaigns to enhance your chapter's image and involvement
• Public Relations - develop relationships with administrators and groups on campus
What are some of the benefits of being a Society intern?
• All expense paid 2 day leadership training retreat
• Paid $1500 Stipend
• On campus internship with flexible hours around class schedule
• Develop the essential leadership skills employers and graduate schools are looking for
• Capability to empower others to see your vision and leave a legacy on your campus
• Other great benefits - scholarships and awards, online job bank, access to Success Coaches, customized personalized letter of recommendation, access to several years of past Speaker Broadcasts, Interview Series (audio interviews with experts on various topics), use of a resource collection of leadership books and CD's, Motivational Mondays (weekly e-mails with five-minutes of motivational audio recordings), and participation in Success Networking Teams.
What does an intern do?
This is a chance to develop your own chapter of the Society, leaving a legacy on your campus. Some of the steps you'll accomplish along the way:
• Find an advisor
• Recruit an executive board
• Attend an all-expense-paid intern training retreat
• Register as a Student Organization
• Help the National Office send invitations to students at your school
• Schedule speaker events
• Lead Success Networking Teams (a peer-to-peer accountability group)
• Organize fundraisers to pay the national dues
• Host social events to create a strong community of leaders
• Participate in weekly coaching sessions with an Intern Coordinator
To apply for the National Society of Leadership and Success Internship Program please apply at:
(Only one intern is hired per campus, so please review the list of current schools on our website at
www.societyleadership.org/chapters to see if your school already has a chapter before applying.)