About The National Society of Leadership and Success:
The Society is the nation's largest leadership honor society. Students are selected by their college for membership based on either academic standing or leadership potential. Candidacy is a nationally recognized achievement of honorable distinction. With 500 chapters, the Society currently has 468,108 members nationwide. The Society is an organization that helps people discover and achieve their goals. The Society offers life-changing lectures from the nation's leading presenters and a community where like-minded, success-oriented individuals come together and help one another succeed. The Society also serves as a powerful force of good in the greater community by encouraging and organizing action to better the world.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
This two-semester paid leadership internship is for students of all majors who want to develop real world skills in management, budgeting, communication, public speaking, marketing and event planning. Reporting to a Student Program Director, your role as an intern is to recruit and manage a team of student leaders to effectively plan a series of life-changing events on your campus. These responsibilities range from recruiting an advisor and executive board to researching and submitting any necessary paperwork to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and leadership skills. Open to Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors only. This internship is conducted on campus.
· Research the Society and its leadership program
· Research and evaluate different leadership organizations and programs on your campus
· Research and recruit an advisor(s) to sponsor your leadership program
· Recruit, manage and delegate to a team of 5-10 executive board members
· Research the process to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department
· Build a network of leaders on your campus
· Plan and coordinate social, fundraising, and community service activities to create a stronger community of leaders on campus
· Plan and coordinate a series of events including a leadership seminar, networking team meetings, and video conferences featuring celebrities and best-selling authors
· Participate in weekly coaching sessions with a Student Program Director
If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, please visit our website to submit your resume and application: http://www.societyleadership.org/intern/IQFL0815