Ever wish you knew more people in your neighborhood? Do you love knowing everything happening in your neighborhood and the scoop behind it? Are you constantly finding interesting articles and quotes to spread to your social network? Then this opportunity is for you! Neighborsations (www.neighborsations.com) is looking for a master writer who will help generate amazing, fun, and interesting content. Neighborsations is an exciting new startup that connects neighbors based on common interests. Neighborsations connects people online in order to establish a strong, long-lasting offline friendship.
What will you be doing?
As the Editorial intern you will pitch and write stories that relate to Neighborsations’ mission and vision, this can be anything from urban planning to community member profiles to local trends. You will work with the rest of the Neighborsations team to establish and execute an amazing editorial calendar. Apply if you want some hands on experience growing a new business and using your incredible writing skills to further engage users. You’ll have lots of freedom to try new things and learn from successes and failures.
The ideal candidate has:
• Lots of ideas to engage different types of people
• Passion and drive for the Neighborsations mission
• An entrepreneurial spirit and self-motivation
• A great sense of humor and ability to go with the flow
• Loves hearing people’s stories and asking questions
• Excellent written communication skills and an unexplainable love of copy-editing
Details: This position is located in Washington, DC. The internship is unpaid but offers professional development opportunities and the ability to create a track record of success. Interns are asked to commit at least 20 hours per week. The internship start and end dates are negotiable but required to last for 8 weeks.
To Apply: You hate cover letters?! So do we. Please submit your resume with links to all your social networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.) and short responses to the three questions below to email@example.com by April 1, 2013 (at the latest) but we suggest you act quick! We’ll be reviewing applications as they come in.
1. Pitch 4 article/blog post ideas.
2. Three websites I’m kinda obsessed with (and why) are:
3. What was the most interesting story/blog post you’ve ever written and why?