New Story is on a mission to create one of the strongest donor communities out there. We pride ourselves on our 100% transparency model and are on a mission to create a beautiful brand on social media that tells our story through beautiful visuals, compelling content, and expert social strategy.
You find resourceful ways to accomplish your goal and don’t let small obstacles stand in your way. You’re a doer and make things happen. Nothing slows you down.
You’re a Good Communicator
You’re natural with people. Meeting new people doesn’t scare you. You love sharing a message you believe in.
You're independent and self-motivated
You can accomplish a variety of tasks without constant management. You love working on things bigger than yourself. You’re confident in your ability and humble at the same time.
Launch a social media strategy for Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook that drives growth and engagement
• You will bridge the gap between our online donors and our online community by engaging with them on social media.
• Help New Story grow their community through social listening, hashtag campaigns, and online engagement.
• Research and vet social listening tools to develop a strategy the entire team can use.
We are looking to either bring on an intern to own all social media or to focus on one particular channel. Options below: Although there will certainly be overlap, please specify what channel you're most interest in working with and why.
Twitter Community Manager
You see the power in 1:1 engagement with influencers, power users, and potential new donors. You use Twitter lists and see the growth potential of a channel like Twitter, you feel comfortable finding
Instagram Growth Intern
Chief Instagram Storyteller - You tell stories through visuals, you connect words with images, you have managed an Instagram account before and are excited to grow, engage, and maximize our exposure on this channel.
Facebook Growth Intern
Manage growth strategies, marketing campaigns, and social media tactics to experiment and grow our audience, owning all copy and language.
You will manage and run all Facebook campaigns and marketing initiatives and track all growth, top posts, trends, and share learnings with the New Story team, edit the schedule and maximize reach and engagement.
Creative Visual Archives Storyteller
This internship covers all platforms: You love working with beautiful images and video, you enjoy creating processes and funnels, making systems easier and simpler to navigate for others, you want to maximize the assets a company has in the best way possible.
Benefits to Interning at New Story
• Work on building communities around the world
• Learn from a fast growing Y-Combinator startup and gain valuable real world experience
• Join us for our team dinner (usually Wednesday or Thursday) on us
• School credit for your internship
• Opportunity to travel with us to the field
• Join the New Story team on our monthly adventure (somewhere in the Bay Area)