· “Top 10 Internship in America” – Vault Guide to Internships, 1996-2009
· “5 Best Internships for Real Work” – CNNMoney.com. 2007
· “50 Best Places to Launch a Career” – BusinessWeek, 2009
· “50 Best Companies to Sell For in America” – SellingPower, 2008
· “5th Best Place to Work in America” – Glassdoor.com, 2010
· “#1 Training Program in Financial Services” – Training Magazine, 2010
· Northwestern Mutual is a Fortune 500 company, 2010
With direct mentorship, general responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
· Complete initial contracting and licensing requirements.
· Start with client development and prospecting - Call prospects to schedule appointments.
· Meet with clients – While working with a mentor (and by individually when ready), discuss clients' financial goals and current financial situation.
· Analyze the client's situation - After extensive fact-finding, uncover long term goals that will be used to help determine clients’ financial needs. Financial Representatives have access to a wide array of world class financial products.
· Make recommendations - After evaluating client's current situation and goals, determine what financial products can help fill their needs and present appropriate solutions to clients.
· Provide ongoing service - Continue to work with clients beyond the close of the sale. Most Financial Representatives contact their clients twice per year to determine whether their needs have changed, and keep them aware of the resources available to them.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
· Full-time student (Under Grad-12 units; Grad Student- 9 units)
· Open to all majors
· US Citizen
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
· Outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic.
· Strong amount of drive, desire, and ambition.
· Business professional in communication and presentation.
· Ability to work independently with proper direction.
PLEASE VISIT OUR INTERNSHIP WEBSITE: www.nminternship.com
Benefits & Perks:
12-15 Hours Per Week