We've got an extraordinary opportunity for you to get a first-hand, behind-the-curtain view of a full-service public relations agency (including social media, writing, promotion planning and market research) in a three-month PAID internship.
This is not a summer filing position; it's a roll-up-your-sleves and get dirty opportunity where you'll work shoulder to shoulder with seasoned pros, learning the ins-and-outs of content marketing, KPIs, activation events, social engagement, inbound marketing, client communications and new business.
Our full-time, three-month PAID program is ideal for college seniors or recent grads (preferably in the fields of advertising, communications, marketing, English, journalism or the social sciences) who have professional experience in marketing, social media, advertising, and/or public relations. Candidates with professional marketing and public relations experience are preferred.
YOU MUST BE BASED IN CHICAGOLAND
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
* Assist in developing social communities and executing client social media communications under agency guidance and leadership.
* Create engaging content to spark dialogue on various social networking sites.
* Assist with developing media lists, conceptualizing pitches, writing press releases and preparing feature articles.
* Assist in managing and developing content calendars and in writing and optimizing web and social content for search.
* Create and maintain project plans, timelines, reporting metrics, client memos, etc.
* B.A. or B.S. required, preferably in the fields of advertising, communications, marketing, English, journalism or the social sciences.
* 1-2 years of professional experience in marketing, social media, advertising, and/or public relations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with professional presentation style. Must have an eye for detail and impeccable grammar.
* High level of computer literacy. Required: Microsoft Office suite, social media fluency and SEO best practices. Photoshop and video editing skills a plus.
* Strong project-management skills, with ability to prioritize competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
At the conclusion of this internship, you will have had in-depth exposure to what it's like to work in the PR industry. Interns may have the opportunity to transition to a full-time position, depending on internship performance and the agency’s hiring needs.