Media coaching for docs. Solid health content for editors & producers.
Have a future in public relations, but still love writing and journalism? This internship is for you.
DTM is offering a paid summer internship to a student enrolled in a university or college program, with the possibility of a part-time hire in the fall. The internship entails approximately 25 hours per week, lasting approximately 11-12 weeks, with consideration given to the intern’s class and school schedule.
Some of the duties can be completed virtually, but approximately 40% of the time will need to involve in-person work. Thus, the student needs to be within commutable distance to North Jersey. There is no relocation or housing provided.
Deadline: March 31, 2016
Notification: April 15, 2016
The DTM summer intern will learn a variety of PR skills, including drafting press materials, building media lists, e-newsletter writing, brainstorming ideas, and pitching media. In addition, the intern will assist with creating health content and multimedia educational materials. The intern will also help manage our social media accounts, as well as the administrative duties of managing an agency.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Stellar writing skills
- Familiarity and mastery of AP Style
- A team player attitude, willing to pitch in to get the job done
- A proactive nature, able to work effectively without being micromanaged
- Attention to detail
- Experience with social media and the target audiences of each platform
- Strong communication skills, public speaking preferred
- An avid interest in health and medical journalism
- Had at least one public relations, communications or journalism internship
To apply for the internship, please send a cover letter (designed as a press release, 250 words or less) and a resume.