About The Party Goddess Fall Internship!:
Marley Majcher has a business degree from Georgetown University, went to cooking school in France and travels all over the world seeking inspiration for her L.A. based, full service catering and event planning company, The Party Goddess! Inc. Clients include Britney Spears, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Pierce Brosnan, Katherine Heigl, Snoop Dogg, Nick Lachey, Vanessa Minnillo, Kelly Rutherford, Ali Landry and Tisha Campbell. In addition, Marley has produced notable events for the Hollywood Bowl and Critics' Choice Awards, luxury car manufacturers Porsche and Rolls Royce’s Bentley brand and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, BusinessWeek, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Robb Report, People, UsWeekly, OK!, InStyle and on The Wedding Channel, Lifetime, FOX, CBS, NBC, HGTV, MTV, E!, plus a host of other media outlets.
Requirements/Necessary Skills for Recruitment:
We rely on our interns to support the office for both our events and marketing divisions. We are seeking energetic individuals who are self-motivated, eager to learn, and have a positive attitude. Flexibility is important because this is a “fly by the seat of your pants” industry.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
* Researching ideas, venues and services for events
* Assisting with preparations for events by pulling props, creating décor, assembling invitations, and setting up on-site
* Ensuring that the office is organized and that all props are routed to their proper location
* Running errands
* Picking up/dropping off time-sensitive materials
* Updating the database using File Maker
* Writing blogs and ezines about party ideas, trends, how to make more money, etc.
* Updating social media outlets
* Developing ideas for TV/radio appearances
* Hands on experience in the event industry, including event production
* Interns are encouraged to participate in Marley’s Cashmere coaching program for free (valued at over $1,000)
* Refined skills in social media
* Valuable tools to use in sales and marketing
Benefits & Perks:
12-15 Hours Per Week