This internship is with DoItInPerson.com, a new startup based in New York City. DoItInPerson.com is an online event platform that allows people to create, manage and promote events and communities. The site brings all of the fragmented pieces of the event space together; from creating and managing your community, sending newsletters, booking speakers, selling tickets, adding sponsors to managing partnerships. For users, DoItInPerson.com aims to become a personalized event discovery tool that uses the user’s profile, preferences and event history to match them with the events and communities that may be of interest to them.
We're looking for a few interns to help us with a range of duties including writing for our blog, interviewing site users, generating press releases and working with management to help execute the Company’s vision. This is not a typical internship, we’re a very small company and you’ll have the chance to prove yourself and make a meaningful impact. No filing or fetching coffee!
• Write blogs, press releases and general marketing materials for Company.
• Interview event organizers for articles and/or video interviews to be shared on the site and social media.
• Create videos and presentations for the Company using Powerpoint and PowToon.
• Assist management in creating marketing strategy for site and new target markets.
• Assist in onboarding clients, setting events up on the site and general research.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Poised and professional in-person and on the phone
• Passion for events and event industry
• Proficient with MS Office and Powerpoint