Dress for Success Worldwide is an international not-for-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to more than 123 affiliates in 15 countries. To date, the organization has helped more than 750,000 women work towards self-sufficiency.
Dress for Success Worldwide -West is seeking an energetic individual to assist us in our Los Angeles office. This internship position carries with it the opportunity to make a noticeable and lasting impact on Los Angeles workforce development and on the lives of the disadvantaged women we serve. It also offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a well-known international organization and a growing regional team. This internship reports directly to the Program Coordinator.
• Assist Program Coordinator in organization of materials and logistics of the Going Places Network (GPN) by Walmart and Professional Women's Group (PWG), our programs which increase our clients' success in their job search, and increase job retention.
• Assist as needed with facilitation, recruiting, supporting, and graduating clients from GPN and PWG.
• Data collection, reporting, and analysis; must be familiar with MS Office software and be able to professionally handle email, telephone, and interactions with clients, volunteers, and partner agencies.
• Represent Dress for Success at events throughout Los Angeles. Events occur during the weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
• Enhance your ability to tell a story with confidence and conduct community outreach.
• Assist our clients in job application and interview preparation in our Career Center.
• Duties may include helping clients brainstorm new employment opportunities, provide feedback on resumes or cover letters, conduct mock interviews and prepare for a successful job interview. We focus on educating our clients with job hunting and job retainment skills. Skills needed and enhanced through this internship will be proficient communication skills, and conducting direct service with and motivating clients.
• Administrative tasks in office include telephone work, email, data entry and analysis, and research. Hours are flexible Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• This is an opportunity to plan, implement, and evaluate projects.
• Must be organized and have proficiency in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
REQUIREMENTS: Passion for Dress for Success mission. Excellent communication skills, writing, typing and knowledge of excel a must. Knowledge of researching via the internet, computer experience in Microsoft word and office. Great organizational skills and attention to details. Enthusiastic and eager to learn; professional, ability to multi task, flexible, accuracy and thoroughness extremely important.
Compensation: School credit.
Application Procedure: Send a resume (e-mail preferred); including any volunteer work, and a brief cover letter outlining your interest and ability.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Subject: Program Internship
Dress for Success Worldwide-West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.